Exclusive Handmade Fabric Goodies

Search

DIY: a colourful lapquilt with a very easy block

Let's start with giving credit where credit is due: this quilt was designed for Moda Fabrics by Ann Ferguson. Ann has a new blog and you can see this quilt and the full description on how to create it here. Ann says that this design is her most popular Moda layer cake quilt.

And I fully believe it. This easy but adorable design is by far, miles ahead of all the rest, my favourite quilt to make. I love this block, I love how it looks and I love make these. It doesn't matter if you want to make a lap quilt or larger, it is a great design and even a beginner could make this a successful project.

For my quilt I chose the Windham Dreamer fabric line by Carrie Bloomston. I did the topstitching with my embroidery machine and used the Heart Swirls pattern by OESD. This is a nice design with small stitches and the lines are close together, this will make a the quilt a bit stiffer but I find that they 'live' longer this way.

The fabric colours are lovely, the heart design is cute and this quilt now lies over the back of the sofa in our log cabin home in California. It gets all the time, both inside and outside on cold evenings or cool mornings when I have coffee on the deck. Go ahead and start yours, you will have fun!

Cheers,
Christel ❤️



No comments

Post a Comment